The "TORSTEN" is the most versatile and clever little cabin ever!
Please note: The "TORSTEN" comes supplied without skid, as sourcing this from your local metal welding engineering shop works out to be much more cost effective. Detailed plans will be supplied to ensure your TORSTEN will perfectly fit on to your skid and can be put up in a couple of days. Depending on your location we are more than happy to get the skid manufactured for you and delivered to your site (allow about $3,000).
1 Bedroom Skid Cabin TORSTEN
The TORSTEN is the perfect answer to many questions regarding smaller "Tiny House" type dwellings. It is the ideal solution for caravan and cabin parks, rural properties, short term accommodation, holiday housing, fishing shack, staff quarters, retirement living and a lot more uses than we could possibly list here.
One of the main assets of the TORSTEN is that it is 100% movable / transportable. It is mounted on a heavy duty steel sled that can easily be loaded onto a medium size tow truck and taken anywhere without the need of a special transport permit for wide loads etc.
Your TORSTEN on the move!
If you want to move your TORSTEN to a different spot on your property - you can, as it can be moved like a sled with the aid of the two heavy "I" beam rails underneath, both featuring holes for two chains, so all you need is a heavy towing vehicle and a bit of patience - and presto, the TORSTEN is "on the move".
In many areas smaller dwellings such as caravans can be placed on to properties without any Council approvals - as long as they are movable, which commonly means that these dwellings are on trailers, which would need to be registered, insured and kept roadworthy. These things do not apply to the TORSTEN - it fulfills all requirements regarding mobility, but does not need registration or any like ongoing costs.
Very functional and efficient use of the relatively small footprint of the TORSTEN was a design-must!
The double width solid timber front entrance doors open into the open plan kitchen, living and dining area.
On the left you will find a bedroom large enough to accommodate a queen or even a king size bed, as well as overhead cupboards, bedside tables and the like. The compact bathroom on the right still has enough room for a shower, vanity and toilet.
The main living area is open and bright, with lots of windows and awesome use of space, nothing has been forgotten. The suggested layout of the kitchen allows also for adding overhead cupboards, whilst providing sufficient benchtop space for you to cook up a storm! The living area also leaves room for more storage cubbaords etc.
Please also check the 3D video on the left, it gives you a "real" feel of the spaciousness and layout of the TORSTEN.
|Area||Living / Dining||Bedroom 1||Bathroom||Total Floor Area|
|Area sqm||15.3 m2||8.7 m2||2.9 m2||27.9 m2|
|Internal Size||5.1 x 3.0m||2.9 x 3.0m||1.0 x 3.0m|
- Ideally suitable as a secondary building ("Granny Flat")
- Double Glazed Windows and Solid Pine Core Doors - click for more information
- Timber Log Walls are pre-drilled floor-to ceiling for electrical leads as per your instructions
- Individual requirements and preferences for external decking / patios / verandas vary from site to site. You can add a front deck and patio as per your individual requirements.
- Colorbond Roofing and or roof insulation / sisalation is not included but can easily be sourced locally to suit your preferred colour
- Our Cabin Kits are not supplied with softwood floorboards normally included as these are not suitable for Australian conditions. You will need to source StructaFloor / TermiFloor tongue-and-groove particle board flooring locally, giving you a huge choice of floor finishes (carpet, floating timber floors, laminates, vinyls, tiles etc).