Residential Cabin - HUGH
With 234 sqm of usable internal space the HUGH is one of the largest log cabin buildings in our range - two floors of clever design, with an open loft above the living room giving the HUGH a cathedral type roof height.
Note that the image on the left shows the round log version, the Australian version comes in 140mm thick solid timber logs or for a little extra in 134mm "gluelam" engineered logs.
There are two main entrance doors from the front veranda - one main leads into the living and formal dining area, the other one gives access to the kitchen and dining / family room.
A corridor connects these two living spaces as well as providing access to the two downstairs bed rooms and a bathroom. There is also a double width door that opens to a deck or terrace.
A spiral staircase leads from the downstairs living room to the upper floor.
|Area||Living / Formal Dining||Kitchen / Family Room||Bedroom||Bedroom||Bathroom||Hallway||Decking||Total Ground Floor Area|
|Area sqm||44.0 m2||19.2 m2||17.9 m2||16.0 m2||6.0 m2||15.2 m2||31.1 m2||118.3 m2 plus decks|
|Internal Size||8.2 x 5.4m||3.0 x 6.4m||4.6 x 3.9m||4.1 x 3.9m||2.5 x 2.4m||"L" shape||4.5 x 2.8m + 2.9 x 6.5m||149.4 m2 incl. decks|
The single staircase leads onto a large landing with timber balustrade to the loft from the downstairs living room.
A door leads into a huge bedroom with enough space for several beds - or you might like to add divider walls to create separate spaces - totally up to you (all cabin design can be altered to suit your needs!).
And to really enjoy your cosy upstairs area a balcony invites you to relax outdoors and enjoy what mother nature has to offer.
There is also a small room off the balcony to allow you to store your outdoor furniture etc out of the elements.
|Area||Landing / Office / Loft||Sleeping Loft||Balcony||Utility||Total First Floor Area|
|Area sqm||18.7 m2||45.6 m2||13.1 m2||6.9 m2||71.2 m2 plus balcony|
|Internal Size||3.0 x 6.2m||5.7 x 8.0m||5.7 x 2.3m||3.0 x 2.3m||84.3 m2 incl. balcony|
- The video above shows the "Round Log" version of the HUGH, the Australian version is supplied with rectangle logs.
- Internal Wall Insulation Kit NOW INCLUDED WITH ALL RESIDENTIAL CABINS - click for more information
- Double Glazed Windows and Solid Pine Core Doors - click for more information
- Timber Log Walls are pre-drilled floor-to ceiling for electrical leads as per your instructions
- Individual requirements and preferences for external decking / patios / verandas vary from site to site - so you can add to the decks supplied if you like
- Colorbond Roofing and or roof insulation / sisalation is not included but can easily be sourced locally to suit your preferred colour
- Cabin Kits normally come with softwood floorboards not suitable to Australian conditions and should be replaced with StructaFloor / TermiFloor tongue-and-groove particle board flooring, giving you a huge choice of floor finishes (carpet, floating timber floors, laminates, vinyls, tiles etc).