We have used the LARS to provide you with a pricing guide with regards to changing log type and thicknesses. The standard LARS will be supplied in full 70mm rectangle logs, however, ALL models in our range can be supplied in "Gluelam" logs like 92mm (w) x 171mm (h) with rounded "real log look" sides @ $69,995 or in rectangle shape 112mm (w) x 178mm (h) @ $77,780 / 134mm (w) x 178mm (h) @ $87,570 / 152mm (w) x 178mm (h) @ $97,550
Residential Cabin - LARS
The LARS cabin is a great example of a classic compact timber log cabin with high pitched roof.
It has a loft and an open void providing a feeling of spaciousness despite the cabin’s relatively small size of overall 80sqm and a footprint of only 64sqm (8x8 meters).
The decking shown is not included with your LARS, as your requirements will depend on your site and your personal design ideas
The large double entrance door leads directly into the open plan kitchen, living and dining area. A hallway leads to the rear door of the building allowing easy access to your backyard.
On either side of the corridor are a bathroom and a bedroom both measuring 3.6meters square (7.2sqm). The positioning of these two is interchangeable according to your preferred layout.
A basic ladder comes with your LARS to access the upper floor loft, where you will find one very large open room of just under 22sqm. To comply with Australian Building Regulations a staircase with handrails to access the upper floor might need to replace the basic ladder.
This space has full-height ceiling in the center only, the roof slopes down on both sides (see slide show for more details and internal images - note: show a "round log" version of the LARS).
|Area||Living / Dining||Bedroom 1||Bedroom 2||Bathroom||Hallway||Total Floor Area|
|Area sqm||37.28 m2||21.91 m2||7.28 m2||7.28 m2||6.16 m2||79.91 m2|
|Internal Size||4.8 x 7.7m||2.8 x 7.8m||2.7 x 2.7m||2.7 x 2.7m||2.7 x 2.3m|
- The video above shows the "Round Log" version of the LARS, the Australian version is supplied with rectangle logs with a minimum thickness of 70mm or in "Gluelam Logs" (see top).
- Internal Wall Insulation Kit available - click for more information
- Double Glazed Windows and Solid Pine Core Doors - click for more information
- To comply with Australian Building Regulations a staircase with handrails to access the upper floor might need to be sourced to replace the basic ladder
- Timber Log Walls are pre-drilled floor-to ceiling for electrical leads as per your instructions
- Individual requirements and preferences for external decking / patios / verandas vary from site to site and are therefore not included in your cabin kit
- Colorbond Roofing and or roof insulation / sisalation is not included but can easily be sourced locally to suit your preferred colour
- Cabin Kits normally come with softwood floorboards not suitable to Australian conditions and should be replaced with StructaFloor / TermiFloor tongue-and-groove particle board flooring, giving you a huge choice of floor finishes (carpet, floating timber floors, laminates, vinyls, tiles etc).